Almost a year on since debuting on PlayStation and the Epic Store, developer Ember Labs announce a new Kena: Bridge of Spirits DLC and a brand new launch on Steam.
The Anniversary Update will be the biggest piece of DLC for Kena: Bridge of Spirits to date when it launches on Tuesday, 27th September, 2022, including New Game+, Charmstones, Spirit Guide Trials, Kena Outfits, accessibility features, and more.
The Anniversary update will be available for free for those who already own the game on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and the Epic Games Store, as well as via Steam for the first time for:
- US: $39.99 Standard | $49.99 Digital Deluxe
- UK: £39.99 Standard | £49.99 Digital Deluxe
- Europe: €39.99 Standard | €49.99 Digital Deluxe
A new birthday suit
We really enjoyed our playthrough of Kena: Bridge of Spirits when it first released last year. With gorgeous, Pixar-like visuals and riveting platforming and puzzle solving, Kena received widespread acclaim on launch. With the new Anniversary Update DLC, players can expect a bundle of new content, including:
- New Game+, which will allow players who’ve completed the game to restart Kena’s journey with all of their previously unlocked abilities, upgrades, outfits etc and take on redesigned and more challenging combat encounters.
- Charmstones that are individually equipable – these unique collectibles each provide different adjustments to Kena’s stats and abilities.
- New game mode called the Spirit Guide Trials, challenging players’ skills with a variety of replayable challenges across three different categories; Obstacle Courses, Wave Defences, and Boss Reflects.
- Completing the Spirit Guide Trials unlock outfits for Kena, each one inspired by one of the characters she meets along her journey. Succeeding at bonus objectives within each trial can unlock colour variations of each outfit, as well as some unique Charmstones.
- An exclusive new outfit for Deluxe Edition owners.
For a full list of updates and improvements, you can check out the patch notes here.
Excited to dive back in to the game? Give us a shout in the comments below!