Did you know that the phrase ‘phoning it in’ originated in the theatre? During the 1930s, stage actors with bit parts would joke with each other that their roles were so small they could perform them over the phone rather than actually appearing in person. Isn’t that an interesting bit of trivia?
Anyway, on a completely unrelated note, it’s been a bit of a busy week for me and I wasn’t able to write a full Bonus Round, so here’s a bunch of links. See you next week!
- We could be getting an MMO set in the Horizon universe
- A whole bunch of games were announced at Nintendo’s Indie World showcase
- Call of Duty’s ‘full premium release’ in 2023 could be a Modern Warfare II expansion
- The EU has launched an in-depth probe of the Microsoft/Activision deal
- Gears of War is getting a movie and animated series on Netflix
- DOOM’s composer Mick Gordon has accused Id Software’s studio director of mistreatment
- A Fortnite Battle Pass specialist has joined Naughty Dog as Principal Monetisation Designer